Sunday 4 February 2007

Good day, but still not happy...

Today I played my 2nd tournament here in Biloxi... I won 2.3K, but I'm not happy. I finished second and was one bad beat from a 5K pay-day. I was heads up each of us about even with a little over 100K in chips each. I caught AKs flopped an inside straight draw and a flush draw. He pushed. I was sure he got a piece of the flop but felt my A and K were clean outs, plus my flush (royal possible), and my inside straight for a total of 17. If I had all 17 I was the favorite so I called. Sure enough he was sitting on J-T and had paired his tens. He had the J of spades so it turns out I had 16 outs--still the favorite. The turn was sweet--a J. Sadly he caught one of his four outs on the river when the Jack filled him up. I was left with a measly 5K in chips. I made a valiant effort, I doubled up twice, but the third time was the charm and I busted out.

This week I lost 600 in a 2/5 NL game (My opponent was All-in for 400 on the flop--J,8,5 w/ 2 clubs. I called with my AA, he had T-T with a club... runner runner clubs), so all in all I am up almost 5K. I'm taking tomorrow off for the Superbowl, then will probably play cash games until next weekend... stay tuned.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

How's this week going?